Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Chocolate Almond Fudge - Celebrating One Year Of Blogging



Hieee All, Today is 19th March and I have completed 1 year in the blogging world. I do not believe that 1 year has passed since I posted my first recipe of KadaiPaneer. Cooking has always been more then a hobby to me, it has been a passion. However, what I lacked was the ability to remember the recipes.  Merry Tummy is a place where in I can keep all the recipes that I have tried some of which my mother taught me. So basically Merry Tummy began for my own convenience but now it is more about sharing my recipes and learning new ones from my fellow bloggers.



In this span of 1 year I have learnt a lot of new techniques and methods of cooking various things. I tried some recipes that I never even thought of before. Some of these are burger buns, whole wheat chocolate bread, French cake and many others.


At last I thank all of you who have been following my blog, liking my recipes on Facebook, commenting on the posts and requesting for recipes on Merry Tummy. I am also grateful to Mr. Husband for motivating me and criticizing the dishes and clicks -without which I would have not improved.
I am sure that blogging is my love and I will keep blogging and become more skilled at it.




So on today’s special day I chose to make easy Chocolate Almond Fudge. Fudge is a type of Western sweet, which is usually sweet and rich. It is made by mixing sugar, butter, and milk, heating them to the soft-ball consistency and then beating the mixture while it cools so that it acquires a smooth, creamy consistency. Like all other recipes there are many variations with different flavorings. Personally I feel that Chocolate fudge is the easiest and the yummiest among the lot. I also added almonds to bring the crunch to soft fudge.































Ingredients:

250g of Milk Chocolate-chopped
250g of Dark Chocolate-chopped
400g Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
70g of Butter
100g of Almonds-roughly chopped



Method:

1.Prepare the tray. Take a tray on which you want to set the fudge and lay it with parchment/baking paper.
2.On a double boiler heat milk chocolate, dark chocolate and condensed milk.
3.Keep mixing till all the ingredients are melted and mixed well.
4.Once melted and mixed, throw chopped almonds and muddle up well.
5.Lastly, pour the above mixture in the tray and refrigerate for atleast 5-6 hours or overnight for best results.

Notes:
  • I used 8x8 square tray to set my fudge, but any size of square or rectangle tray will do-just chop the fudge in the size you want
  • Please do not ignore the use of parchment paper as it will help a lot to un-mould the fudge without any mess. 
  • It is good if you set the fudge over night. This will help it to set properly and finally you will have clean cut of fudge.
  • It is ideal as Easter gift.


Variations:

  • Any kind of nuts like pistachio, cashews, and raisins can be added.
  • To make it richer add liquor like rum or brandy.
  • Crushed biscuits can also be blended instead of nuts. 

Taste:

  • Soft and delicate with crunchy and rich chocolate flavor.  

15 comments:

  1. congratulations on your first anniversary... the fudge looks mouthwatering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rafeeda. Keep liking and commenting on my recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My God... What a fabulous fudge... Simply amazing... How I have missed ur blog all these days... Thanks for dropping by my blog and giving path to ur beautiful space.. Bookmarked...


    Event: Dish name starts with R till April 15th and a giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Akila for such lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and chocolicious fudge..looks tempting..thnx for linking it them to my event.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much Jagruti, glad you liked it

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really looks yummy. Any thing with chocolate, I am up for it
    http://www.followfoodiee.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. He he..Ya i also agree with you. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky Nikhilesh! ;)

    Congrats on your "1st" Anniversary!! Gosh, time flies!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shweta, Congrats dear. Your chocolate fuz tempts me a lot dear. Can't take off my eyes from these irresistible pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks v much Sonali for such lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Karine, even i can not believe that it has been a year. Thanks for stopping at my blog always :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your wishes and comments Hasna :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heartiest Congratulations on the completion of 1 yr blogging.Wow It is one of the best favorite chocolate fudge as Iam chocolate lover and love the clicks by you. Why I love this recipe as I loved the chocolate flavor..It is full of almonds and lots and lots of chocolates that makes me drooling here.It will be great for cake topping of this recipe.:) Will make it for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)