Friday, May 25, 2012

Corn Paneer Bhurji



Paneer Bhurji is one of the easiest dishes; it can be prepared with very less efforts and time. Every time I make paneer bhurji I missed the crunch in it; so this time I added boiled corn and I was so totally satisfied with the taste. There is one more thing that I like about this recipe that is very versatile paneer recipe –one can add or delete any ingredients to this dish.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 green chilli, finely chopped
  • 1 tomato, finely chopped
  • ¾ tsp red chilli powder
  • 1 ½ tsp coriander powder
  • ½ tsp turmeric powder
  • 1 tbsp water
  • ½ cup boiled corn (makai)
  • 2 cups paneer (cottage cheese), crumbled or grated
  • ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
  • ¼ cup chopped capsicum
  • 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves

Method:
  1. Dilute red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder in 1 tablespoon water and keep it ready.
  2. In a pan, heat oil. Add finely chopped onion and fry until golden brown.
  3. Then add chopped green chilli and mix.
  4. Add chopped tomato and fry well until thickens and gets soft.
  5. Add diluted spice mix and saute on a low heat for 2 – 3 minutes until it is well blended with tomato.
  6. Add crumbled or grated paneer, corn, capsicum and salt to taste. Mix all the ingredients well. Cover it with lid and let it cook for 5-8 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with bread or rice.


4 comments:

  1. paneer n corn. sounds good. will try it soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to learn a little about Indian cooking, and decided to make paneer. It didn't work well, so I needed a recipe to use it crumbled. This looked like something we would like. But I don't see where the sauce comes from? The picture shows quite a bit of sauciness, but my pan is quite dry. Is there supposed to be that much fluid from the tomato? Mine didn't have that much. I have added some water, so it is a least moist, but I feel like I've missed something? Otherwise, I like it (except that my green pepper was really hot!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used water too for the sauciness. Indian curry is hot and there how everyone likes it :) glad you tried the recipe. Thanks and next time do share the picture

      Delete
    2. I used water too for the sauciness. Indian curry is hot and there how everyone likes it :) glad you tried the recipe. Thanks and next time do share the picture

      Delete

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)